CCC - Centro Cultura Contemporanea Strozzina - EN
The Centre for Contemporary Culture Strozzina (CCCS) was created in 2007, as part of the Fondazione Palazzo Strozzi. Its purpose is to host thematic exhibitions of contemporary art following an interdisciplinary approach linked to the most up to date scientific researches and to contemporary trends.
- 1 Name/Acronym:
- 2 Founding year:
- 3 Location:
- 4 Administration/Organization:
- 5 Venues:
- 6 Contacts:
- 7 Website:
- 8 Objectives:
- 9 Sectors of intervention:
- 10 Activities:
- 11 Origin and History:
- 12 Technical equipment:
- 13 Projects:
- 14 Productions:
- 15 Publications:
- 16 Events:
- 17 Multimedia files:
- 18 Augmented reality:
- 19 Bibliography:
- 20 Webliography:
- 21 Notes:
- 22 Kind of File:
- 23 Object (category) from Thesaurus Pico Cultura Italia:
- 24 Object (category, tags) free text:
- 25 Related voices:
CCC Strozzina or CCCS (Centro di Cultura Contemporanea Strozzina)
(Centre for Contemporary Culture Strozzina)
Palazzo Strozzi, Piazza Strozzi, 50123 Firenze
The CCCS is part of the Fondazione Palazzo Strozzi (FPS). The Director of Strozzina is Franziska Nori, helped by a Scientific Committee chosen each time to validate the selections of artists and works of art.
Lorenzo Bini Smaghi
Board of directors:
Rocco Forte (APPS)
Rena De Sisto (APPS)
Charles Saumarez Smith, Chief Executive Royal Academy of Arts London
Hubertus Gassner, Director Hamburg Kunsthalle
Maria de Peverelli Luschi, curator of private collections in London and Zurich
Mauro Natale, Professor of Modern Art History at the University of Geneva
Antonio Paolucci, Director of the Vatican Museums
Annalisa Zanni, Director of the PoldiPezzoli Museum, Milan
The Strozzina is the show floor realized under the courtyard of Palazzo Strozzi.
The space comprises eleven rooms for a total surface of 850 squared meters. During the Renaissance this area was used as a cellar.
Sometimes the exhibitions are mounted also in the courtyard.
- Informations: +39 055 39 17 11
- Box Office: +39 055 26 45 155
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: CCCStrozzina
- Facebook: cccstrozzina
CCC - Centro Cultura Contemporanea Strozzina
The CCC - The Centre for Contemporary Culture Strozzina is aimed at:
- Hosting thematic exhibition projects for contemporary art, following an interdisciplinary approach up to date with the most recent scientific researches and contemporary trends.
- Corroborating a kind of fruition that is active, dialogical and able to transform the public into the protagonist of the experience: the visitors are stimulated to think about the work of contemporary art, about its production, its conceptual capacity which distinguishes it from all the other expressive forms and about the meaning it has in today’s society.
Sectors of intervention:
Diffusion and improvement of Contemporary Culture
The Centre for Contemporary Culture Strozzina organizes exhibitions, lectures, meetings with the artists, workshops, film screenings, events in the courtyard and research programmes for schools, universities, young people and families.
Origin and History:
The Centre for Contemporary Culture Strozzina(CCCS), part of the Fondazione Palazzo Strozzi, is a platform open to the different practices and approaches that characterize contemporary productions of art and culture.
The multi-year program of CCCS, directed by Franziska Nori, bases on local and international networks and proposes thematic exposition projects that investigate different aspects of contemporary culture. Independent curators and international institutions are invited to design exhibitions, films and videos projections, workshops, performances and lectures’ programmes aimed at the elaboration of the chosen topics. The CCCS realizes cultural projects that, tackling socially relevant issues and being connected with the events that affect our society, allow a direct and constant dialogue with the public.
The Department of Education and Mediation of CCC Strozzina organizes programmes and activities to promote the active role of the visitors. It is a project of art mediation that encompasses new forms of communication and reception of works of art.
On the official website it is possible to check all the ongoing events.
All the exhibitions up to November 2012
- Francis Bacon and the Existential Condition in Contemporary Art | 5 October 2012-27 January 2013
- American Dreamers. Reality and Imagination in Contemporary art | 9 March 2012 - 15 July 2012
- Declining Democracy. Rethinking Democracy Between Utopia and Participation| 23 September 2011 - 22 January 2012
- Virtual Identities | 20 May - 17 July 2011
- Emerging talents 2011 | 19 February - 1 May 2011
- Portraits and Power. People, Politics and Structures | 1 October 2010 - 23 January 2011
- As soon as possible. Acceleration in Contemporary Society | 14 May - 18 July 2010
- Gerhard Richter and the Disappearance of the Image in Contemporary Art | 20 February - 25 April 2010
- Manipulating reality | 25 September 2009 - 17 January 2010
- Green Platform. Art Ecology Sustainability | 24 April 2009 - 19 July 2009
- Emerging talents. New Italian Art | 23 January 2009 - 29 March 2009
- Art, price and value. Contemporary Art and the Market | 14 November 2008 - 11 January 2009
- Worlds on video. International Video-art| 19 September 2008 - 20 November 2008
- Exploded Views. Remapping Firenze | 15 May 2008 - 30 June 2008
- Atlas of the Future. Visions on Scenarios to Come| 07 February 2008 - 29 February 2008
- Cina, Cina, Cina !!! Chinese Contemporary Art Beyond the Global Market| 21 March 2008 - 04 May 2008
- Emotional Systems. Contemporary Art between Emotion and Reason | 30 November 2007 - 03 February 2008
Silvana Editoriale usually publishes the catalogues of the exhibitions. It is possible to find them by inserting the name of the exhibition in the research form of the publisher’s website.
Video on the Vimeochanel
Photos on the official Flickr account
Sources Consulted in November 2012
- Sito ufficiale del Centro Cultura Contemporanea Strozzina
- Sito ufficiale di Palazzo Strozzi
- APPS, Associazione Partners Palazzo Strozzi
- Canale Vimeo del CCCS
- Sito ufficiale della mostra Cina Cina Cina !!!, with many pictures and videos.
Kind of File:
Object (category) from Thesaurus Pico Cultura Italia:
Arte, prezzo e valore
Cina, Cina, Cina !!!